- Big data, big impact?
- Feeding the 9 billion
- Countryside in Crisis?
- The Energy Water Food Stress Nexus
- Unsustainable Fishing
- Keeping pace with a digital revolution
- Global health in the 21st Century
- Adapting to an urban future
- Educating for tomorrow
- Digital technology in Africa
- Persistent poverty in Britain
- Can the UK ever be sustainable?
- Plastic pollution in the oceans
- Natural disasters: how to improve?
- Not In My Back Yard
- Digital Divide in the UK?
- Importing goods, exporting drought?
- Britain’s ageing population
- Engineering our climate
- The future shape of Capitalism
- Migration: skills and the job market
- Razing the Rainforest
- London under water
- Concreting the countryside
- Future of low carbon energy
- Africa in the 21st Century
climate change, hacking, Industrial Revolution, 3G, Migration, disease, SARS, genetics, digital technology, Copenhagen, inequality, Education, plastic, Japan, USA, communication, flood risk, low carbon energy, jamie oliver, europe
Digital technology in Africa : Focus
ForgetMeNot Africa - Jeremy George
Software that allows even the most basic mobile phones to email, message and interact.
Nicholas Negroponte - One Laptop per Child
The story of OLPC and the important role of IT for education in African countries and across developing countries.
Erik Hersman - Ushahidi, Afrigadget & iHub
Looking at the innovation currently taking place in the African technology scene.
Herman Chinery-Hesse - theSOFTtribe
The ways technology is offering economic and social opportunities for many Africans
Introduction by Rory Cellan-Jones
Introduction to the issue of digital technology in Africa by our chair
Questions from the Chair
OLPC successes and the transformative power of digital tech
- 19th May, 2011
- more »