- Countryside in Crisis?
- The Energy Water Food Stress Nexus
- Unsustainable Fishing
- Keeping pace with a digital revolution
- Global health in the 21st Century
- Adapting to an urban future
- Educating for tomorrow
- Digital technology in Africa
- Persistent poverty in Britain
- Can the UK ever be sustainable?
- Plastic pollution in the oceans
- Natural disasters: how to improve?
- Not In My Back Yard
- Digital Divide in the UK?
- Importing goods, exporting drought?
- Britain’s ageing population
- Engineering our climate
- The future shape of Capitalism
- Migration: skills and the job market
- Razing the Rainforest
- London under water
- Concreting the countryside
- Future of low carbon energy
- Africa in the 21st Century
Fishing, earthquake, nhs, one laptop per child, developing world, squatter cities, Jamie's dream school, Geo-engineering, Obama, Africa, Imperial, David Keith, finance, Sugru, justin webb, Renewables, Tom Chatsfield, public services, renewables,, HIV/AIDS
Digital technology in Africa : Focus
ForgetMeNot Africa - Jeremy George
Software that allows even the most basic mobile phones to email, message and interact.
Nicholas Negroponte - One Laptop per Child
The story of OLPC and the important role of IT for education in African countries and across developing countries.
Erik Hersman - Ushahidi, Afrigadget & iHub
Looking at the innovation currently taking place in the African technology scene.
Herman Chinery-Hesse - theSOFTtribe
The ways technology is offering economic and social opportunities for many Africans
Introduction by Rory Cellan-Jones
Introduction to the issue of digital technology in Africa by our chair
Questions from the Chair
OLPC successes and the transformative power of digital tech
- 19th May, 2011
- more »