- Countryside in Crisis?
- The Energy Water Food Stress Nexus
- Unsustainable Fishing
- Keeping pace with a digital revolution
- Global health in the 21st Century
- Adapting to an urban future
- Educating for tomorrow
- Digital technology in Africa
- Persistent poverty in Britain
- Can the UK ever be sustainable?
- Plastic pollution in the oceans
- Natural disasters: how to improve?
- Not In My Back Yard
- Digital Divide in the UK?
- Importing goods, exporting drought?
- Britain’s ageing population
- Engineering our climate
- The future shape of Capitalism
- Migration: skills and the job market
- Razing the Rainforest
- London under water
- Concreting the countryside
- Future of low carbon energy
- Africa in the 21st Century
cryptography, medical correspondent, Piot, IT, mobiles, Environment, economy, @Dr_Black, trade, plastic pollution, apps, global health, nexus, Nicholas Negroponte, mobile phones, Jospeh Rowntree Foundation, welfare state, green energy, energy, migration
Persistent poverty in Britain : Focus
John Bird MBE
John Bird, Founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Big Issue, talks about tackling poverty in Britain.
Tackling persistent poverty in Britain
Why are there so many people living in poverty in Britain? How can this problem be tackled?
Interview with Kate Wareing, Oxfam
Kate Wareing, director of UK Poverty programme, Oxfam UK
Our panel including Frank Field MP, John Bird, Julia Unwin and Mark Easton
- 7th January, 2011
- more »