- Big data, big impact?
- Feeding the 9 billion
- Countryside in Crisis?
- The Energy Water Food Stress Nexus
- Unsustainable Fishing
- Keeping pace with a digital revolution
- Global health in the 21st Century
- Adapting to an urban future
- Educating for tomorrow
- Digital technology in Africa
- Persistent poverty in Britain
- Can the UK ever be sustainable?
- Plastic pollution in the oceans
- Natural disasters: how to improve?
- Not In My Back Yard
- Digital Divide in the UK?
- Importing goods, exporting drought?
- Britain’s ageing population
- Engineering our climate
- The future shape of Capitalism
- Migration: skills and the job market
- Razing the Rainforest
- London under water
- Concreting the countryside
- Future of low carbon energy
- Africa in the 21st Century
Nuclear energy, Biofuels, recycling, John Bird, tidal energy, growth, welfare, Kofi Annan, Fishing, e-learning, policy, government, water footprint, global, society, women, Innovation, becta, Low Carbon Energy, nicholas negroponte
Audience Q&A Part 1
- Posted: 24th October, 2010
- Video: FLV /
- 75 MB
Part 1 of questions to the panel from our audience, lead by David Shukman
(00:00) Q1 What is the role for completely biodegradable plastics? [Answer follows straight away] [5:30-6:10]
(00:58) Q2 How can we expect the plastic industry to reduce the production of their livelihood? [7:43-9:28]
(2:08) Q3 Poorer countries often end up with the consequences of our wasteful behaviour; how can transnational corporations alleviate this? [Answer follows straight away] [6:11-7:42]