- Big data, big impact?
- Feeding the 9 billion
- Countryside in Crisis?
- The Energy Water Food Stress Nexus
- Unsustainable Fishing
- Keeping pace with a digital revolution
- Global health in the 21st Century
- Adapting to an urban future
- Educating for tomorrow
- Digital technology in Africa
- Persistent poverty in Britain
- Can the UK ever be sustainable?
- Plastic pollution in the oceans
- Natural disasters: how to improve?
- Not In My Back Yard
- Digital Divide in the UK?
- Importing goods, exporting drought?
- Britain’s ageing population
- Engineering our climate
- The future shape of Capitalism
- Migration: skills and the job market
- Razing the Rainforest
- London under water
- Concreting the countryside
- Future of low carbon energy
- Africa in the 21st Century
cryptography, Bob Geldof, mobiles, emerging nations, SMS, palm oil, HIV, developing, Warming, water, connected Africa, UNAIDS, space, plastic, Jospeh Rowntree Foundation, Nuclear energy, slums, black market, pollution, Africa
Razing the Rainforest : Focus
Saving the rainforest?
- 30th January, 2009
The world's rainforests serve as a key defense against climate change.
How can we conserve the world's rainforests in the face of growing challenges from the timber trade, illegal logging, green colonialism and biofuels?click to read more »
Interview with Tony Juniper
Tony Juniper, special adviser to The Prince of Wales' Rainforest Project, and former director of Friends of the Earth, joins 21st Century Challenges to discuss the issues surrounding rainforest conservation and the challenges of the 21st century.
- 3rd March, 2009
- more »
Read biographies of the panel for the Razing the Rainforest event, 22 October 2008
Eliasch Review into deforestation
Prime Minister Gordon Brown and Johan Eliasch host the Number 10 launch of the Eliasch Review into deforestation